Leave a Gift in your Will, set up Legacy & Memorial Funds
Make a lasting impact on your community
Our specialist team can work with you or your loved ones to provide support to the causes that matter to you.
Set Up A Legacy Fund
- An everlasting gift to the county and communities of Herefordshire.
- Give in perpetuity to the causes you care about by making a single gift that keeps on giving, i.e. an endowment fund.
- Work in confidence with our specialist team to fulfil your wishes.
- With your solicitor’s advice, write the details of your Legacy Fund into your will, including details of the specific causes and/or geographic areas you wish to support.
- Make a positive long-term difference.
- Remove burden on family and friends regarding legal & fiscal responsibilities
- A brilliant way to invest in the county for future generations.
- Avoid the administrative burden of setting up a separate charitable legacy trust/foundation with the Charity Commission.
Leave a gift in your will
- Alternatively, you could leave a cash gift to HCF in your will, e.g. cash, shares or assets.
- Ensures your gift is spent locally.
- It’s easy to include instructions, if desired, on how you wish your gift to be used, such as identifying key causes.
- Enables us to keep on helping Herefordshire’s communities.
- Ensures it is easy for family and friends to follow your wishes.
To have a fund managed by HCF makes perfect sense to us. Starting a charity from scratch takes a huge amount of work and due diligence which as well as working full time would have its added pressures. This way we can solely focus on raising money and know that it is in the safest possible hands and going to the causes that matter to us as a familyLaura Hughes, George’s Fund
Charitable gifts and Legacy Funds are free of inheritance tax and reduce the taxable portion of your estate.
Remember someone special with a Memorial Fund
- Honour the memory of a loved one in a beautiful, long-lasting way.
- Make a difference to a cause that would be close to their heart.
- We work at your pace, making arrangements as quickly or slowly as you wish. If needed, we can set up a fund in a matter of days.
- Create a positive, personal focus for family and friends.
- Decide if you would like to invite donations, we are on hand to advise how to maximise Gift Aid.
- Avoid the administrative burden of setting up a separate charitable memorial trust/foundation with the Charity Commission.
Your grant of £3,500 will fund the Savvy & Successful Project, which will empower 70 young people to escape the cycle of poverty and make a new life for themselves. The project Savvy & Successful will teach these young people to make success of themselves on their own merits, regardless of what happens at home. It will empower them with the knowledge that they deserve, employment opportunities so they can succeed. On behalf of our staff and users, we express our deep appreciation for partnering in empowering young people to succeed.
Young & Inspired, June 2023 (Joanies)
Our client was really blown away by the support. He feels like a weight has been lifted. His neighbour, who picks up food for him, says he looks 10 years younger because of the easing of stress by the fuel grant.Leominster Food Bank, (Fuel Poverty)
Thank you so much for your generous funding of our trip to Hay Festival…it meant that we could take extra staff to take some of the pressure off crowd-managing the students. We were able to take nearly 90 students and they described it as ‘the best day ever!’.Aylestone School, May 2023 (Herefordshire Education Fund)
On behalf of the students, staff and customers at The Royal National College for the Blind (RNC) and thePoint4, please accept our deep appreciation for your very generous grant of £3,000. The grant will go towards the purchase of a pair of team shelters for use adjacent to the astro pitch – a much requested improvement, particularly by the coaches of local community football teams. We are most appreciative of your continued support.Royal National College for the Blind, June 2023 (Iron Fund)
On behalf of BCHA, thank you for your fantastic donation to support our work. Your kind donation helps us in our mission to improve the support available to young people experiencing disadvantages. The support of grant funders is a lifeline to BCHA. Thank you again for your support, we appreciate your thoughtfulness.Bournemouth Churches Housing Association, May 2023 (Joanies)