Herefordshire Together is the first contribution to the development of the community paradigm ‘Community Chest’, in partnership with Herefordshire Community Foundation.
Grants of up to £1,000 or between £1,000 and £20,000 are available for community projects meeting the criteria.
Funded by Public Health at Herefordshire Council, Herefordshire Together is looking for impactful community-led initiatives to achieve two priorities:
- Priority 1. Creating lasting meaningful connections for people to improve emotional wellbeing and sense of community belonging
- Priority 2. Strengthen reach to families in need
Both of these supports the 10-year health & wellbeing priorities in Herefordshire.
Projects should seek to acheive the following impacts for these priorities
- Priority 1
- Reduce loneliness & isolation
- Increase connections through community activity
- Increase connections through intergenerational activity
- Increase connections through nature, greenspace and arts
- Increase peer support for emotional wellbeing
- Priority 2
- Reduction in number of children experiencing neglect
- Reduction in number of children with experience of trauma or adverse childhood experiences
- Greater number of parents supported to develop healthy parenting routines and behaviours
- Increase number of children, who experience disadvantage, to have community based support
- Increase informal community-based support for children & families with special educational needs and disabilities, including neurodiversity
The deadline for applications is Monday 12th February 2024 and awards shall be made on 19th March.
If you are interested in applying to this Fund, please contact us to discuss.